• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very concerned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsrh1975

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY - can a male be charged with N.Y. PEN. LAW § 235.22 : NY Code - Section 235.22: Disseminating indecent material to minors in the first degree ----- if the only evidence they have is text messages. no computer messages, no pictures, no sexual contact etc... just a few one sided text messages. thank you :confused:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY - can a male be charged with N.Y. PEN. LAW § 235.22 : NY Code - Section 235.22: Disseminating indecent material to minors in the first degree ----- if the only evidence they have is text messages. no computer messages, no pictures, no sexual contact etc... just a few one sided text messages. thank you :confused:

Well, if you've been charged, the answer is obviously yes. So...what were you doing exactly?

Questions aside, speak with an attorney immediately.

dsrh1975

a 29 yr old male friend of mine engaged in a "sexting" conversation with a 16 yr old female over a 4 day period and they have just recently told him they are increasing his misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child charge to this charge with no new evidence. the law specifically states that the communication has to be via computer and this is obviously not a computer communication by either party involved

The state disagrees.. bottom line. The process is the same, whether the defendant did it or not.

So, if he didnt do it that = plead not guilty, get a lawyer.

The "Motion for summary dismissal cuz I didnt do what they said I did" would likely fail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">