• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of a sexual assualt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

szayasjohnson

I am going to keep this short. I am a victim of a sexual assualt that occured last wknd. I do believe I was drugged as well. I have not pressed charges because I'm not sure what happens next. I know that if the DA believes there is enough evidence then he will be arrested and if he has the money can post bail and we wait for a court date. But how much damage will this cause me? I'm a single mom of two and I dont want to put my kids through anything they dont have to be put through.

CdwJava

The longer you wait, the more difficult the case will be to make. If we are talking forcible rape, I suspect that any direct physical evidence is now gone thus making the case even more difficult. The window for most direct evidence from the victim or the suspect is about 48 hours. A shower and a change of clothes makes it nearly impossible.

If he DID assault you, report it!

HomeGuru

I am going to keep this short. I am a victim of a sexual assualt that occured last wknd. I do believe I was drugged as well. I have not pressed charges because I'm not sure what happens next. I know that if the DA believes there is enough evidence then he will be arrested and if he has the money can post bail and we wait for a court date. But how much damage will this cause me? I'm a single mom of two and I dont want to put my kids through anything they dont have to be put through.
**A: and how long are you going to wait before taking control? The evidence is lost due to your being wishy washy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">