• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

victim of violence needs advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

absorbine jr

I was struck in the face by a violent individual in sept. Only once.
It wasnt a bone crushing blow, more like a stiff handedpalm smack. I didnt fight back. It jarred my jaw and cut the inside of my lip.I had the person arrested but decided not to press charges.I made sure the incident was recorded by the police.
I finished work that day.
well the next day when I get home from work, I feel the onset of a severe headache, which at first I thought was a migrain but in reality turns out to be a brain hemmorrage. subarachnoid to be exact. So I end up in ICU near death and to make a long and painful story short, I survived (obviously).No medical insurance.
So this leaves me with about twenty thousand dollars worth a med bills.
Because I had the person arrested the state has to follow through so I was summoned by the state attorney and I explained to him my story of how I didnt provoke this individual in a violent way whatsoever. There were witnesses, but they work with this guy and are his friends. I told him I didnt want to put him in jail I just want help with my medical bills.
I dont know , sounds pretty simple but I left his office feeling as though the offender had more rights than me, and that little would be done.
I was right. It has been 6 months since the incident and I'm still payin those bills. Will be for some time. I was wondering if it was too late to get a lawyer and whether it is even worth it to pursue legal action against this person

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">