• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Video Taping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greengrass29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I am a service contractor who was at work with my personal car, parked in a clients private parking lot. While working inside the building a person stood outside with a video camera and video taped my co-workers and me working. He then moved to both our personal and work vehicles in the parking lot. He video taped the license plates, registration stickers and stood at the windows of our cars and video tapped the interior of our cars. I have photos of him in action. The owner of the building has pressed criminal trespassing charges against this man for a separate occasion. I was wondering if I can press charges or have my company press charges (because I was on the clock) specifically for the video taping the interior of my private car? The man also would emerge from the bushes and record us while getting equipment from our cars, yell to us, asking questions and making false statements. This naturally made it extremely nerve-wracking and greatly inhibited me from performing my work tasks. Thanks.

justalayman

when he was not on the private property, he could do as he wishes concerning the videotaping and barring some statute for disorderly conduct or such, nothing wrong with talking to you, asking you questions or even yelling at you.

as to pressing some sort of charges for him taping the interior of your car?

what did you have in mind?. If you were on a public road, it would be totally legal. It was not your lot so you cannot press trespassing charges and as long as he does not intend on using the tape in court, there is nothing you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">