• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Videotaped without consent - PLEASE HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenx68

What is the name of your state? Georgia

PLEase help..Someone entered my apt without my permission, viedeotaped me wihtout my consent (while passed out on sofa) I was not clothed.....There was also a sexual voaltaion which he also videotaped......I have told the police that all these things were done without my permission yet he has not been arrested...
My question is this: What are the laws in GA for videotaping wihtout consent? Why has he not been arrested even thought the police have seen the tape and I have told them I diid not consent to any of the acts? He is a police officer...in his statement to police he is saying all was with my consent even though I loook like i was asleep at the beginning of the tape..Should I file civil charges as well...Should I sue the police dept? I need help

CdwJava

jenx68 said:
My question is this: What are the laws in GA for videotaping wihtout consent?
I dunno ... the GA code on-line seems to be without an adequate index.

Here's a question, how did he get into your apartment? Has he been there before? Does he enter without your permission at other times?

Why has he not been arrested even thought the police have seen the tape and I have told them I diid not consent to any of the acts?
I dunno ... maybe the elements of the crime have not been met.

He is a police officer...in his statement to police he is saying all was with my consent even though I loook like i was asleep at the beginning of the tape..Should I file civil charges as well...Should I sue the police dept? I need help
Before you go around trying to sue the police department, you will have to show that they failed to act because they were covering for the officer ... or if he did this on duty.

You might consider consulting an attorney to see if you have a civil case against the guy.

- Carl

jenx68

videotaped w/out consent

He entered my apt as the door was unlocked ....he entered after that event too, without permission .....he has never had permission to enter...i have filed a complaint against him before (jan 06) I dont think anyone wil do anything until I am dead and then everyone will say "we should have done more"

CdwJava

You should probably consult an attorney on how to proceed. If the local agency can not or will not act to investigate this as a possible crime, then maybe the sheriff's department or county prosecutor needs to look into it. An attorney might be able to help you figure out how to proceed in your state.

Perhaps a call to the Attorney General.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">