• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

videotaping/picture taking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

backoff

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

Can my neighbor videotape or take pictures of myself and family out in our yard, minding our own business? My husband is disabled, has been on disability for 15 years. Broke his back in a 14 foot fall, had numerous surgeries and now has nerve damage in his spine to add to his injury. He will sometimes fiddle in the yard sit with me while I weed etc...on good days he might help me do things around the yard. They continually take pictures of us, videotape us...drive by when we are in our front yard and act like they are snapping pictures....even yell out things like "Have a good day @ work buddy!!" when we leave the house or if my husband drives 5 miles into town for an appointment. They send their 9 yr old over to our fence and he climbs it and watches what we are doing or peeps through the fence. I hate to even leave my home at this point. I find myself hiding indoors till they leave. I plan all my yardworkk on weekdays and make sure they both are gone before I go out and do anything. So, as I asked in the beginning...can they videotape/photograph us? Can I demand they stop taping and snapping pics? They put up a spite fence and now they hide behind and watch us through the slats....climb on their vehicles and stare at us or to yell obsceneties at us. It is only getting worse. We have completely stopped looking their direction (and it isnt because he told us to stop looking in that direction) it is because we thought if we didnt acknowledge them with reaction they would stop bothering us....it hasnt stopped it has only gotten worse.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

backoff said:
What is the name of your state? INDIANA

Can my neighbor videotape or take pictures of myself and family out in our yard, minding our own business? My husband is disabled, has been on disability for 15 years. Broke his back in a 14 foot fall, had numerous surgeries and now has nerve damage in his spine to add to his injury. He will sometimes fiddle in the yard sit with me while I weed etc...on good days he might help me do things around the yard. They continually take pictures of us, videotape us...drive by when we are in our front yard and act like they are snapping pictures....even yell out things like "Have a good day @ work buddy!!" when we leave the house or if my husband drives 5 miles into town for an appointment. They send their 9 yr old over to our fence and he climbs it and watches what we are doing or peeps through the fence. I hate to even leave my home at this point. I find myself hiding indoors till they leave. I plan all my yardworkk on weekdays and make sure they both are gone before I go out and do anything. So, as I asked in the beginning...can they videotape/photograph us? Can I demand they stop taping and snapping pics? They put up a spite fence and now they hide behind and watch us through the slats....climb on their vehicles and stare at us or to yell obsceneties at us. It is only getting worse. We have completely stopped looking their direction (and it isnt because he told us to stop looking in that direction) it is because we thought if we didnt acknowledge them with reaction they would stop bothering us....it hasnt stopped it has only gotten worse.

http://www.rtnda.org/resources/hiddencamera/allstates.html

Here's a good place to start your research.

Call the cops if they are bothering you. I don't know if it will help or not but it will sure get their attention.

backoff

thank you for the link, i went to it...good info. i know if you suspect illegal activity you can videotape (police told us that). we had a situation where we were being vandalized and knew who was doing it but didnt see it so couldnt do anything about it. police told us to get a camcorder and use it and if we got the vandalism on tape they could charge them....we are still trying to catch them. again, thanks for the link.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">