• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violatiing OFP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DChristian112

What is the name of your state? MN
My ex put an order of protection on me like over a month and a half ago. he viloated by contacting me. i talked to him simply because he put one on me right away, and i never got a chance to talk to him or anything. its a long story, i never assaulted him, my friends broke some of his persoanl property while it was at my home. we went to court, i explained to the judge i still loved him, and never got a chance to talk to him and work things out.
okay, so about three weeks after this stupid ofp was on me, he contacted me, lets get back together, blah blah, i said ok. but he never dropped the ofp, now i broke it off with him, and i am through with him, so he is making threats against me, my kids, and my parents. literally calling and telling my parents he will kill them.
will i go to jail for voluntarily violating this ofp with him? or will it just be thrown out? the ofp i mean. can anyone help me please????
danielle

stephenk

contact the police and tell them he is violating the order of protection by contacting you and that he is making threats.

D

DChristian112

I did that, but I voluntarily accepted his contact long ago, now he is getting all crazy cause i broke up with him, and so today i filed an ofp myself against him, i am hoping he tries to violate this one as well, but i do have records of the 1st day he violated. the thing is, he put an ofp on me for no reason at all, and i still loved him (at the time), but i thought the ofp had been dropped when we got back together, and then last week i find out it is still in effect. would i get into trouble as well?
could i serve jail time???:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">