• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violating restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chan

What is the name of your state? new york

I have a restraining order against my husband's ex-wife. She assulted me in a store last year after harrasing me for 2 years. I finally had her arrested and got a restraining order. She has since then violated it 4 times with the last time getting arrested again. I understand she was charged with 2nd degree misdemeanor was arrrested and was finger printed . That court date has been postponed a couple times. I recently found out since the RO was issued in another county from where she has violatated it, the 1st county must reopen her case again. She had a ACD till 8/15/02. (I'm sure that is why her attorney kept postponing her court date!) Well thank god for the Judge's clerk's help! She told me if the city didn't notifiy their court they would just close her case forever and I would be without a RO for a while! Anyway, what could happen to her when she goes to court 8/7/02 to reopen the 1st case? She also goes to court in the other county on 8/21/02, what could happen there? She has already threatened my life with a gun, which she has. What influence can I have in her sentencing? Could I request anger management, or drug testing? Thank you

C

chan

Yes I have told the prosecutor everything. I also made police reports everytime she violated the RO. I have called everyone I can to find out what I need to do. The DA who is on my case has been changed 4 times! The only reason I have gotten any information on what needs to be done is because I have been persistent. One police officer didn't even want to make a report about her being on my propery putting something in my mail slot on my front porch!(which is a fenced in yard) The women DA could see I was extremely upset so she decided to issue a warrant for her arrest. Nobody seems to want to do their job. I have found that I have educate myself on the law to tell them what needs to be done. Once they see I know what I am talking about they then seem to help. So any help or information would be appreciated!!!!

stephenk

keep doing what you are doing. be persistent but not obnoxious.

the DA has many many cases. They will work harder on your case if they know you are interested in the outcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">