• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Esimon1

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I'll try to be brief...
An ex-girlfriend of my hubby's is currently on probation for a felony,(3 cnts forgery, 1 cnt theft in office). She has 1 more year of a 2 year sentence.
We recently discovered, while trying to get refinanced, that she has attempted to open a credit card online, using hubby's name & SS#, and HER home address. She was declined for the credit card, since hubby already had one thru that particular card company. My question: Can he file charges against her eventhough she did not receive the credit card? Any responses are appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Esimon1 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
I'll try to be brief...
An ex-girlfriend of my hubby's is currently on probation for a felony,(3 cnts forgery, 1 cnt theft in office). She has 1 more year of a 2 year sentence.
We recently discovered, while trying to get refinanced, that she has attempted to open a credit card online, using hubby's name & SS#, and HER home address. She was declined for the credit card, since hubby already had one thru that particular card company. My question: Can he file charges against her eventhough she did not receive the credit card? Any responses are appreciated.

My response:

Sure. It's the same as forgery. Report the matter, with your proof, to her probation officer. Her probation should be violated, and she'll get to spend the rest of her sentence behind bars.

IAAL

E

Esimon1

IAAL-thank you for the reply. My husband did call her PO, and was told that there's nothing he can do, since she didn't receive the credit card. (I personally think this PO woman just doesn't want to do her job!) I was thinking he should contact the Prosecutor in her case about this, any opinions?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Esimon1 said:
IAAL-thank you for the reply. My husband did call her PO, and was told that there's nothing he can do, since she didn't receive the credit card. (I personally think this PO woman just doesn't want to do her job!) I was thinking he should contact the Prosecutor in her case about this, any opinions?

My response:

As you found out, calling doesn't do anything. That's because a phone call doesn't give anyone any cold, hard, proof. You need to mail the P.O. your hard evidence; e.g., the documents.

The prosecutor won't do anything. It has nothing to do with the prosecution of the original crime. The prosecutor's job is done.

If you have the actual, documented evidence, all you need to do is file a new criminal complaint, and then THAT prosecutor will review your evidence to determine whether new charges can be filed on a new criminal case.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">