• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation of probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ray Michael

My friend is in jail for violation of probation. He was approved to move to Georgia from Texas while on probation. He met with the probation officer several times but they kept saying they did not receive his file. He met a few times after they received his file and she did not show up so he signed in and left. The last time he went he said he had to talk to her on the phone and she did not set up another appointment but stated that he was to keep doing what he was doing. (Made him feel that his case was not a big deal. Not like they did in Texas. So he thought it was being handled differently. ) They never set up another time. He said he called in but has not proof. Then he failed to keep in touch after that. She never contacted him either. He was arrested Thursday and will be taken back to Texas soon. He met with a judge that asked him if he wanted a 30 day contention or want and be transported back to Texas to which may take 180 days. My question is - will the 30 day contention help him get time to receive legal help or is there any chance of help? Which choice should he take? Is there anyway to prevent him from going back to Texas? (Second Chance) He is truly a young, irresponsible, immature, guy that has held a steady job for the last year and has no other arrest. I will try to seek counsel Monday but need to know if a 30 day contention is wise.

M

maxi

i sure as hell wouldnt go back to texas .. there you are guilty no matter what no wayyyy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">