• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soreal

What is the name of your state?Florida

I'm new on this site seeking help just like all the other user on this site. I hope i'm posting this in the right spot if not, sorry please move it to the proper spot. Ok heres the case, I got arrested last december on a felony for theft and took the first plea in Jan which is 30 months probation & 30 days sheriff work camp and that'll get my charges droped down to 1 misdemeanor. I dont know if that was the best thing to do because I read another post and someone mention its not good to get the charges dropped. But I had 30 days to sign up for the sheriff work camp and I been working 2 jobs with no car and so i got around to doing it on the 28th. What i didnt know is that I had to be working within the 30 days and the next two days were booked. I talk to my PO and he said its a violation and that he will send it out to the judge which is going to lead to a warrant for my arrest. My Q is when I do so, how long can they hold me until my hearing, what is usually the outcome of this, will I end up doing the years for the felony. I'm a student right now and i do not want this to affect my school relations. I'm lost and seeking help please help me I have no idea where this goes from here. Thanks all

soreal

someone plz reply to this post....I need to know this info....and my time is limited....i'm new here and never posted or replied to a post bcuz i've never been in this situation and kno nothing about legal issues...so help if u can..thx

O

OhBullship

You were given a chance and you messed it up. You violated the terms of your probation, what do you think is going to happen? Those weren't suggestions you were given, and they weren't suppose to be done at your convenience. There was a time frame on there for a reason.

If you didn't want it messing up your schooling, you should have done what you were ordered to do. Better still, you shouldn't be out committing crimes if you really care about going anywhere in life beyond jail.

S

seniorjudge

Q: what is usually the outcome of this, will I end up doing the years

A: By your actions, you have shown that you do not intend to co-operate with probation and thus your choice has left the court with only one alternative: prison.

soreal

I want to thank you guys for responding, I really appreciate the fact that you guys were straight foward with me. I really didnt neglect the situation. As far as legal help, will it better my situation in any way or am I on a fixed punishment for doing so. Give me any type of information you can with this situation, once again Once again, I want to thank you guys for your inputs.

I forgot to mention....I was not born in this country and I'm under permanent residence status. I've been in this country since the age of 4, I'm now 22 my parents were natraulized at my age of 16. Will this issue involve deportation?

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

soreal said:
I want to thank you guys for responding, I really appreciate the fact that you guys were straight foward with me. I really didnt neglect the situation. As far as legal help, will it better my situation in any way or am I on a fixed punishment for doing so. Give me any type of information you can with this situation, once again Once again, I want to thank you guys for your inputs.

I forgot to mention....I was not born in this country and I'm under permanent residence status. I've been in this country since the age of 4, I'm now 22 my parents were natraulized at my age of 16. Will this issue involve deportation?
Some of the people on this forum are not guys and your status as a resident alien MAY be in trouble.

Post that question on the immigration law forum and tell them I sent you over there so you do not get nastygrams for double postings.

soreal

I'm sorry for appointing to you all in that manor, I usually use that word when speaking of many people. I mean no harm & mean no type of stereotyping. I'm going to post it in that section, thanks for the help.

S

seniorjudge

soreal said:
I'm sorry for appointing to you all in that manor, I usually use that word when speaking of many people. I mean no harm & mean no type of stereotyping. I'm going to post it in that section, thanks for the help.
We in the manor wish you well!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">