• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation Public Health Laws or Notices of Ordinance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cahonies0

State of Utah

I was at a local ski resort and decided to take what I thought could be a "bypass road." This road was off the side of the parking lot. It was only about 40 yards long and it dropped down maybe 4 feet. The reason why I thought it was a road was because there were snowmobile tracks on it, about the width of a roadway (No posted signs). Anyway, I got stuck right in the middle and the Sheriff gave me a ticket for "Driving off designated roadway - Snowcat track." I went to the courthouse and they couldn't read the violation code number. I called them a week later and they said I my citation is for "Violation of public health laws or notices of ordinances." This is ironic because the sheriff instructed me that if the EPA was around they would give me a ticket for driving in a watershed, but he could only give me a ticket for driving off a designated roadway. On my citation it says "snowcat track." I looked up that local ordinance and the prohibited acts include motor vehicles, snowmobiles, atv's, jeeps, etc. Snow mobiles and snow cats can drive on the path without any hassles, but it seems since I got stuck, I get the ticket. "Violation of public health laws or notices of ordinances" is a class C misdemeanor in the state of Utah, and I really do not want this on my record, so I am trying to avoid a no contest plea. Do you see any pull in my direction? Any advice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

I really do not want this on my record, so I am trying to avoid a no contest plea. Do you see any pull in my direction?
Yep. Show up at court on the time/date scheduled and present your defense against the citation.
Pretty simple, huh??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">