• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violent, seriously disruptive, illegal conduct?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gigisha

What is the name of your state?New Mexico
My daughter had received paratransit service from the city we live in. After months and months of the law (ADA and the FTA regulations) not being followed she attended the appeal and finally got service for 3 years.
The cab company who is contracted to give us a ride has continually been late for appointment times, made us wait up to two hours for rides and doubles up on riders, making us wait to take them to their destination(s) before we can go to ours and filling up the cab to capacity (4 people and the driver.)
Last week we made an appointment the day before for a 1:30 pick up time. My daughter had a doctor appointment because of a bladder infection. (I told the operator that my daughter's appointment was for 1:45.) The cab arrived at 1:47. There was another person in the rear passenger side of the cab and my daughter took her normal position behind the driver in the rear. I saw a seat open in the front--priority seat--next to the driver and opened the door. The driver had personal belongings filled on the floor up to the seat and a coat, lunch and other items on the seat. I told her, "You have to move your things so I can sit here." She said, "No, sit in the back."
This meant I was supposed to sit in the middle rear seat. This seat has no floor but is on the hump, so I would have to sit with my knees up near my chin. It also has a lap belt only. It is extremely uncomfortable to sit there. I am 54 years old. I got angry and told the cab driver "I am NOT going to sit in the back seat. I have a right to sit in the front seat. You can't keep your personal belongings here"
I did not cuss her out or threaten her in any way, but was yelling only. I have a severe case of post traumatic stress disorder. We told the cab dispatchers and they said they would sent another cab out. The next cab already had two people in it one in the priority seat next to the driver and one behind her in the passenger side rear. This again left us to ride sitting in middle rear seat. I got angry again and was yelling. I also told the driver I would not sit in that seat. It is not an appropriate seat for people who are disabled. I called the cab dispatch and my daughter spoke to them. She can't yell. They told her they were going to report her to the city. Is what I did contsitute violent, seriously disruptive, or illegal conduct? I didn't know that raising your voice was against the law. It it?

S

seniorjudge

"They told her they were going to report her to the city. Is what I did contsitute violent, seriously disruptive, or illegal conduct? I didn't know that raising your voice was against the law. It it?

Ask the driver or whoever it is who wants to report you what law you are being reported under. Then look up that law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">