• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia Alcohol Underage Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olesouth711

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was arrested for drunk in public and possession of alcohol (underage 21), I am 20. I have a previous drunk in public charge from a few months ago that I payed the fine for and the court date has come and gone.,I am worried that when I go to court for my new charges that the idea of being probation maybe waived due to my past drunk in public charge. When I arrested I did possess an alcohol container, but my system was full of it. Is there a chance I could get the possession charge dropped or get the probation since I do not have a previous possession charge?

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was arrested for drunk in public and possession of alcohol (underage 21), I am 20. I have a previous drunk in public charge from a few months ago that I payed the fine for and the court date has come and gone.,I am worried that when I go to court for my new charges that the idea of being probation maybe waived due to my past drunk in public charge. When I arrested I did possess an alcohol container, but my system was full of it. Is there a chance I could get the possession charge dropped or get the probation since I do not have a previous possession charge?
Sounds like you are in big troubble and you should seek help for your alcohol addiction.

you also need a lawyer.

olesouth711

Well I am in enrolling in a substance abuse program. I'm doing this for two reasons: I need help, and I hope the court will easier on my disposition. Any other ideal advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">