• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Volunteer Firefighter Arrested for Obstruction of Justice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

911MEDIC

Hello, My name is Luis I'm being charged for obstruction of Justice
need advice on what to expect??

On 2-7-02 Some of my relatives and my self where visiting my Mother in law, My cousin and My Brother in law came very close to a physical confrontation following an argument my wife called the police to avoid this escalating, well with in min the police arrived my cousin was more co-operative and went out side, my brother in law was very upset, I tried to hold him down Police barged in i got out of the way they cuffed him began to mace and to strike him multiple times despite the fact he is cuffed, At that time I thought it was getting out hand, so I spoke up for him and verbally began to try to reason with police, next thing I know I have officers on me I'm being cuffed, Maced, and choked out
when I regain con I was being hauled into jail and charged w/ Felony Obstruction of justice.
Now I have no Priors I'm a Volunteer Firefighter/911 Dispathcer, I work full time as an EMT for an Ambulance Co.,I'm a US Marine Reservist, That officer also wrote "Transient" and refused on all my info except my name on his Documentation, Now my brother in Law is still in jail I bailed on second day, he's been to court on it already Arraignment, Pre-hearing, I hear that officer's are making false statements regarding my actions they claim I lunged at them then the officer changed his story ses I walked up to him.
I don't know what to expect, should I wear my Military Uniforms to court I hear one of the officers was in his Uniform the other was in suit, would that help in the eyes of the judge,
Please help never had this kinda prob don't know what to expect
LUIS:mad:

M

Mikedani

The first thing you need to do is get an attorney.

Then you need to find your own witnesses to this incident. Did anyone else see what your actions were and that of the officers.
Your attorney needs to set up a meeting with the DA and see what his stance is going to be on this case.

Your attorney can file something called a "Pitchess Motion", that will challange the officers credibility (it will be up to the Judge if it will be admissible in court). This motion will make the officers personnel file part of court record, if he has had a history of agressive behavior, abuse, citizen compaints, etc.

Try and get the DA to drop the charges or reduce them to 415 PC
disturbing the peace.
Or you can go to trail and hope for the best.

The fact that the officer changed his story will be very helpful to your case.
I would advise against wearing a military uniform to court, but consult your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">