• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

walmart has accused me of shoplifting but no charges in houston tx people have been r

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

susan jacoby

What is the name of your state? Houston, Texas. People have been rude, one check out announced that I had changed purses. the manager said not to bother, as everyone in the line looked at me as a crook. I have never stolen anything anywhere. walmarts security system is lacking somewhere because it has been going off on me for a year as i walk in as when i walk out. I have offered for them to search my purse, and they decline but must of notified other retailers of there belief that i am a shoplifter. which is false. do i have any recourse. i feel they have ruined my image others have of me and i can't sleep i am so upset over this. please help me

HomeGuru

Re: walmart has accused me of shoplifting but no charges in houston tx people have been r

susan jacoby said:
What is the name of your state? Houston, Texas. People have been rude, one check out announced that I had changed purses. the manager said not to bother, as everyone in the line looked at me as a crook. I have never stolen anything anywhere. walmarts security system is lacking somewhere because it has been going off on me for a year as i walk in as when i walk out. I have offered for them to search my purse, and they decline but must of notified other retailers of there belief that i am a shoplifter. which is false. do i have any recourse. i feel they have ruined my image others have of me and i can't sleep i am so upset over this. please help me.

**A: there is no law against being rude. If you have valid proof of libel and slander, where is it?

Beth3

It's quite unlikely that they notified other retailers that you were a shoplifter since (1) they have never accused you of that, and (2) I'm sure the store managers have better things to do with their time.

What proof do you have that they did so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">