• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

walmart shopliffting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

susan jacoby

What is the name of your state? Houston TX beth the other retailers may have better things to do but the are acting like they are aware of the fact walmart feels i am a shoplifter. the only proof i have are the rudeness and the things they have said or better haven't said. so in other words i'm just screwed. and you think i'm paranoid. do i have to confront them when they are rude , i would rather hold my head high and smile and be the better person.

Beth3

I never said you were paranoid, although I don't think we can completely rule it out.

Your belief that WalMart contacted other retailers to warn them you are a shoplifter is based on (1) the fact that WalMart has never once accused you of stealing, and (2) things clerks in other stores "haven't said."

Um, is it just me or are you a little short on even a smidge of evidence that what you suspect is accurate?

When I go Christmas shopping tonight, am I to assume the store I'm at suspects me of shoplifting as evidenced by the fact that they DON'T accuse me of anything?

S

susan jacoby

Beth you must of missed when i said i was in ross checking out and that the clerk said to the manager kathy, who i've spoke casually with for years, she has a different purse. and kathy said not to bother. i was in walgreens getting pictures developed and wanted some hooks for wreaths and asked the manager there and he looked at me like i was from outerspace the long pause before he told me where they were and then huffed after i said thank you. krogers i picked up some clemintine orange s on special for 2.99 and was charged 6.99, i asked the sacker to check and the manager came on inspected the oranges extensively, like i had sabatoged them gave me the credit and left in a huff, didn't say one word. i do appreciate the time you have taken, and i understand i have no rights, but i am hurt and angry because i am a good person and do not deserve this rude treatment, guess i just have to suck it up. i am not imaging their behavior. to me its obvious.and no i do not have any prove other than the unusual rudeness. i have shopped at these stores for 12 years, i guess thats why i find it hard to believe that they would think all the sudden i have stickey fingers. again thank you guess i'll just drive an hour away and see if i get any different treatment to shop. merry x-mas and happy new year.

H

hmmbrdzz

Susan: You have no legal recourse on this matter. I don't know if you've ever been told by anyone else that you are paranoid, but what you have described in your notes is classic paranoia, and you need to be seen by a mental health professional. It is treatable. If you don't get treated, you are going to continue to think Walmart and others are after you. Don't confront anyone working for Walmart or any other retailer over this issue. It could wind you in jail. Go to the doctor.

hmmbrdzz

(QUOTE by susan jacoby) What is the name of your state? Houston, Texas. People have been rude, one check out announced that I had changed purses. the manager said not to bother, as everyone in the line looked at me as a crook. I have never stolen anything anywhere. walmarts security system is lacking somewhere because it has been going off on me for a year as i walk in as when i walk out. I have offered for them to search my purse, and they decline but must of notified other retailers of there belief that i am a shoplifter. which is false. do i have any recourse. i feel they have ruined my image others have of me and i can't sleep i am so upset over this. please help me

(Quote by susan jacoby:) What is the name of your state? Houston TX beth the other retailers may have better things to do but the are acting like they are aware of the fact walmart feels i am a shoplifter. the only proof i have are the rudeness and the things they have said or better haven't said. so in other words i'm just screwed. and you think i'm paranoid. do i have to confront them when they are rude , i would rather hold my head high and smile and be the better person.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Susan: Let's look at this realistically for a moment.

Just for the sake of argument, let's assume for a minute that Walmart did exactly what you suspect. Are your looks so distinctive that they could describe you to every salesperson in every store in your region so well that these salespeople are going to be able to pick you out of a crowd of Christmas shoppers and know to a certainty that you are the person Walmart called about? Since I suspect you're not wearing a nametag, how else would they know who you are?

I'm not saying that no one is treating you rudely; just suggesting that it may not be for the reason you assume.

H

hmmbrdzz

Ahhlee -- Why don't you save your bashing for someone who deserves it and where it might be fun. This lady certainly didn't deserve your lack of taste or attempt at humor. You don't provide comic relief when you encourage possibly psychotic people to get angry. Anyone who's ever been at the receiving end of someone who's paranoid and psychotic wouldn't find humor in your post, nor would those who have been seriously injured and killed from disgruntled paranoid employees or customers. Don't let your ignorance override your good judgment.

hmmbrdzz

Beth3

Susan, the fact remains that nobody has ever accused you of shoplifting.

If you are being treated rudely by any particular clerks in an of the retail establishments you frequent, then you are certainly free to complain to the store manager how you have been treated. Perhaps you have just had the unfortunate experience of being waited on by individuals at various stores who happened to be in a surly mood when you were there. I'm sorry but it is just not logical or sensical to believe anyone at WalMart has contacted other retailers about you for any reason.

H

hmmbrdzz

Susan, the reason it doesn't sound logical to anyone is because it's not logical. You have described a case of being paranoia (delusional) and you are losing sleep it. Before you complain to someone you think is wrongly accusing you of something you didn't do, you need to go to the doctor and show them these notes and take his advice.

hmmbrdzz

L

LeighAnn

I currently work for Wal-Mart and I know for a fact that we do notify other retailers in our area such as Target and K-Mart and etc if we have a customer we suspect is a shoplifter. We take a still picture off the videotape and our loss prevention gets it to the loss prevention of these other retailers. It's a common Wal-Mart practice and these other retailers in our area do us the same courtesy. We also describe vehicle and etc. So this is not paranoia. It actually happens.

S

Son_of_Spam

The Twinkie Defence may have nothing on the Walmart Defence!

H

hmmbrdzz

racer72 said:
This thread reminds me of a song by the Kinks.

Paranoia will destroy ya!!!!!
=================================
Doesn't it though!

"L O L A Lola"

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">