• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

weird situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wantout4444

i am going through a divorce and there was some property my husband owned before we were married that i sold during the marriage without his knowledge. now he is threatening criminal charges and doesn't want to keep my personal property, all of it that i had before the marriage, as well as keep what we acquired during the marriage? can he do that? and can he just leave me with nothing at all? also he assaulted me and my child and i have pending charges on him but havent actually said to file them they just have the report ready, should i press the charges and then let this divorce play out and the judge decide the division of the property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">