• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

welfare fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpless164

What is the name of your state?PA I am a step-mother of a soon to be 8 year old. She lives with her mother, and we get visitation on the weekends. She has moved over 12 times and her mother has tried to commit suicide twice. We went for emergency custody and was denied. My question now is that she is on HUD but yet has been "staying" with a man for almost 3 months now. The 8 year old step-daughter has been sleeping on the floor or couch as she has no bedroom or bed. Her mother also gets food stamps but gets paid under the table. I know I could start some stuff like getting children and youth involved, however I don't know where exactly they live at because we have a meeting spot. The reason about the welfare fraud not being reported is I was wondering if she got convicted of welfare fraud and lost all assistance could she take us back for higher support and would we have to pay for her mistake?
Thanks, I would do anything for us to have custody, but sometimes it seems like unless she commits murder we will never stand a chance!

Bravo8

Well, she could be charged for Theft by Deception, as well as any applicable offenses under the welfare statutes (if there are any....I'm not familiar with it).

As far as taking your husband back for more support, she could certainly try. I can't really speculate as to whether she would win it or not.

stephenk

so the taxpayers should continue to support your husband's ex and his kid?

Let's see:

1. child sleeps on floor with sicko mom

OR

2. report mom to authorities and maybe have to pay higher support.

Hmmmm, what choice to make?

I know, let the kid sleep on the floor! I'm going to Disneyland!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">