• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what action needs to be taken?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missxashlee

What is the name of your state?
North Carolina

Recently my boyfriend bought a 1996 ford mustang from a used car lot "AS IS" When he purchased the car the dealer had the car inspected for him. Less than a week after the purchase of the car, the suspension (not sure if it was exactally the suspension) broke causing the driver side of the car to almost lay on the ground. We contacted the dealer and told him about the problem and how we were worried that something major has happened within a week of buying the car. The dealer was very customer friendly and had someone come out and tow the vehicle and fix what broke for not cost. (He also said he had the mechanic check out everything on the car to make sure we werent going to go through all of these problems and buying the car was a waste of time, only problem was the mechanic was his buddy) A couple of weeks had passed and my boyfriend noticed that the mileage wasnt moving - it was on the exact same miles as when he bought it. His reaction was that it was broken and when he got the money he would have it fixed. He bought the car last december and now it was time for inspection. Looking through his paper work he came across the previous owners (before the dealership) inspection paperwork. He saw on the paper work that when the previous owner had it inspected the mileage said 129, 570 but the paper work from the dealer says that the mileage when he had it inspected was 128,700. Which basically means the dealer rolledback the mileage and stopped the odometer. After this we got a carfax report on the car all of the mileage's from before the dealer bought the car from the previous owner. it had the miles from when the previous owner purchased it - but when he sold it to the dealer - that mileage was left blank. Then, the next spot had the mileage 128,700 and the spot where my boyfriend purchased the car the mileage was listed as 128,701. Well the dealer had the car for 8 months and purchased it from winston (a good 25 miles away), plus we test drove the car and if the car was on the lot for 8 months prior to us buying it - im sure we werent the only ones who test drove the car. On the carfax report the spot that is missing the mileage just so happens to be the same date of the inspection of the previous owner of the dealer who bought it from. On the contracts and forms its states that to the best of his knowledge the mileage is correct and in the dealer handwriting it states 128,700.

my question is - What action against that dealer can my boyfriend take?

missxashlee

Sorry about this but we have an appointment with the dealer this afternoon. Since I had not received a response i didnt know if i posted it in the right section and i needed advice quick.

Your very helpful so if your own i'll post the new information that we found our in the other thread - if your willing to give your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">