• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can a 18 and 15 year old do legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFox777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 15. Just wondering what kind of stuff we can legally do. I know the age of consent is 16 in Nevada and any kind of sex is out of the question, but what about other stuff.

Any idea what NRS 200.364, 2. the definition of “Sexual penetration” translates to in English. For example which of these would be considered “Sexual penetration” according to the NRS: kissing, french kissing, touching a breast, touching a butt, fingering, dry humping, etc.

NRS 200.364 Definitions. As used in NRS 200.364 to 200.3774, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires:

1. “Perpetrator” means a person who commits a sexual assault.

2. “Sexual penetration” means cunnilingus, fellatio, or any intrusion, however slight, of any part of a person’s body or any object manipulated or inserted by a person into the genital or anal openings of the body of another, including sexual intercourse in its ordinary meaning.

3. “Statutory sexual seduction” means:

(a) Ordinary sexual intercourse, anal intercourse, cunnilingus or fellatio committed by a person 18 years of age or older with a person under the age of 16 years; or

(b) Any other sexual penetration committed by a person 18 years of age or older with a person under the age of 16 years with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust or passions or sexual desires of either of the persons.

4. “Victim” means a person who is subjected to a sexual assault.

(Added to NRS by 1977, 1626; A 1979, 572; 1991, 801; 1995, 700)

RedFox777

Ok, I respect your opinion, but the way I read the law it doesn't sound like we doing anything illegal if we're just holding hands and kissing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 15. Just wondering what kind of stuff we can legally do. I know the age of consent is 16 in Nevada and any kind of sex is out of the question, but what about other stuff.

Any idea what NRS 200.364, 2. the definition of “Sexual penetration” translates to in English. For example which of these would be considered “Sexual penetration” according to the NRS: kissing, french kissing, touching a breast, touching a butt, fingering, dry humping, etc.

NRS 200.364 Definitions. As used in NRS 200.364 to 200.3774, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires:

1. “Perpetrator” means a person who commits a sexual assault.

2. “Sexual penetration” means cunnilingus, fellatio, or any intrusion, however slight, of any part of a person’s body or any object manipulated or inserted by a person into the genital or anal openings of the body of another, including sexual intercourse in its ordinary meaning.

3. “Statutory sexual seduction” means:

(a) Ordinary sexual intercourse, anal intercourse, cunnilingus or fellatio committed by a person 18 years of age or older with a person under the age of 16 years; or

(b) Any other sexual penetration committed by a person 18 years of age or older with a person under the age of 16 years with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust or passions or sexual desires of either of the persons.

4. “Victim” means a person who is subjected to a sexual assault.

(Added to NRS by 1977, 1626; A 1979, 572; 1991, 801; 1995, 700)

I'm quoting your own post. Your intent is apparent so please, take my original advice. For her sake, if nothing else.

RedFox777

After all we're both in high school. I just turned 18 and she's almost 16 so there's really only a 2 year age difference. Don't know what the big deal is, after all, my parents have an age difference of 10 years and no one thinks that's wrong.

RedFox777

The way it's written, it sounds like as long as your not inserting stuff into each others junk, then your cool. Am I wrong?

Isis1

My only intent is to educate myself as to what the law means, so as not to break it.
then you can hold her hand. that's it. and put a strand of hair behind her hair. and talk on the internet about math homework. and send open envelope notes through each other's parents. you can carry her books for her. walk her home. be respectful to her parents. encourage her to respect her parents as long as she is in their household.

Proserpina

The way it's written, it sounds like as long as your not inserting stuff into each others junk, then your cool. Am I wrong?

Leave. The child. Alone.

Seriously. Because if you do more than hold her hand and/or play Monopoly, you can find yourself in a whole land of trouble.

RedFox777

Leave. The child. Alone.

Seriously. Because if you do more than hold her hand and/or play Monopoly, you can find yourself in a whole land of trouble.
So, are you saying I would get in trouble if we kiss, because that would be illegal or I would get in trouble for another reason?

Isis1

So, are you saying I would get in trouble if we kiss, because that would be illegal or I would get in trouble for another reason?
YeEEeeEEeEssssss!! any type of sexual stimulation is illegal. keep your roaming hands, lips and feet OFF of her.

RedFox777

YeEEeeEEeEssssss!! any type of sexual stimulation is illegal. keep your roaming hands, lips and feet OFF of her.
Sorry to be technical but the law actually says sexual penetration not stimulation, which seems to be defined as regular, oral, anal sex and the inserting of any body parts or objects into genital or anal openings. Genitalia, as far as I know, refers to penis and vagina. How would kissing be considered "sexual penetration"?

I'm all for being cautious or else I wouldn't be here in the first place, but I just am not seeing anywhere that says it would be illegal for us to kiss and if it's not illegal then I don't see why I should do it. I respect the law, unlike the 1000's of people that speed past me everyday on the road and if it is in fact illegal then I for sure would not risk breaking the law. Just don't see why I should be paranoid doing something that's legal, I far as I can see.

proud_parent

Here's an idea...

Prepare a list of activities such as you are contemplating. Go to the girl's parents and ask them which they'd be OK with. Be sure to let us know how that works out for you.

Seriously. If your girlfriend's parents object to your level of involvement with their minor daughter, they could make life very difficult for you, regardless whether you could be prosecuted for a sex crime.

justalayman

nobody here has researched any laws concerning this. They have only commented on the statute you provided.

If I remember correctly, there are other statutes that apply to your situation that would make just about anything illegal.

stick to cards and monopoly and you are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">