• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can happen when caught taking upskirt pictures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

techman51201

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MI
I have never been in any trouble before, and I realize how stupid this was I just wanted to see if it was possible. What kind of charges can I face. I am scared!

JETX

techman51201 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MI
I have never been in any trouble before, and I realize how stupid this was I just wanted to see if it was possible. What kind of charges can I face. I am scared!
Michigan just strengthened their laws on this type of conduct last year, so it is likely that you will get 'hit' pretty hard.
Here is a link to a newspaper article on the new law:
http://www.lsj.com/news/capitol/040628_voyeurism_1a-7a.html

And the specific MI statute:
750.539j Surveillance of or distribution, dissemination, or transmission of recording, photograph, or visual image of individual having reasonable expectation of privacy; prohibited conduct; violation as felony; penalty; exceptions; “surveil” defined.

(1) A person shall not do any of the following:

(a) Surveil another individual who is clad only in his or her undergarments, the unclad genitalia or buttocks of another individual, or the unclad breasts of a female individual under circumstances in which the individual would have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

(b) Photograph, or otherwise capture or record, the visual image of the undergarments worn by another individual, the unclad genitalia or buttocks of another individual, or the unclad breasts of a female individual under circumstances in which the individual would have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

(c) Distribute, disseminate, or transmit for access by any other person a recording, photograph, or visual image the person knows or has reason to know was obtained in violation of this section.

(2) A person who violates or attempts to violate this section is guilty of a crime as follows:

(a) For a violation or attempted violation of subsection (1)(a):

(i) Except as provided in subparagraph (ii), the person is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both.

(ii) If the person was previously convicted of violating or attempting to violate subsection (1)(a), the person is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years or a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both.

(b) For a violation or attempted violation of subsection (1)(b) or (c), the person is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years or a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both.

(3) This section does not prohibit a person from being charged with, convicted of, or punished for any other violation of law committed by that person while violating or attempting to violate subsection (1)(a) to (c).

(4) This section does not prohibit security monitoring in a residence if conducted by or at the direction of the owner or principal occupant of that residence unless conducted for a lewd or lascivious purpose.

(5) This section does not apply to a peace officer of this state or of the federal government, or the officer's agent, while in the performance of the officer's duties.

(6) As used in this section, “surveil” means to subject an individual to surveillance as that term is defined in section 539a.

Source: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.asp?page=getObject&objName=mcl-328-1931-LXXXII&highlight=

outonbail

what can happen when caught taking upskirt pictures
WTF? are you so god-damned freekin ugly that you can't possibly find a woman who is willing to go out with you and get to a point of intimacy?

Why else would you resort to such nonsense as a way to get a thrill or some sort of sexual satisfaction?

Who are these sick *******s who go around pointing a camera up the dresses of women who happen to be shopping or doing whatever out in public?

Cases like this have me thinking there are still times where public lynching should be a viable option.........

geez, give me a break, someone get this sicko one of those inflateable party sheep so he stays indoors from now on.....

justice4kids

Well this guy was on the news last night...

Supposably he worked at a 7eleven and stuck his cell phone camera under customers skirts and snapped a picture. The police found numerous pictures on his phone of womens panties, butt cheeks, breasts, clevage...you name it.

I hope they put him away for a long time for this its really disgusting.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

justice4kids said:
Supposably

My response:

And you ACTUALLY went out of your way to spell that word incorrectly?

It's spelled, "supposedly." The way you have it spelled, it sounds like you've got a mouth full of marbles!

IAAL

Some Random Guy

Yes, there are that many perverts out there.

From the linked story, the other guy is facing "5-year felony charges of eavesdropping and illegally capturing images." That's probably the max that you are looking at, so get a lawyer and get some specific advice on your situation.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jpritchett81 said:
What are you talking about??

My response:

I thought, since you've said you're Black, that you might give us the Black perspective on this issue - - you know, what would Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton say about such behavior.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">