• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do about my neighbor who trespasses and harasses us?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Menlo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

We have a neighbor, WH, who clearly has some mental issues; She constantly calls to complain about our trees, saying they need to be cut down, when those trees belong to our neighbors behind us.
Every time I have work done- ie. painting the house, getting the gutters cleaned, etc, she trespasses on our property and interrogates the workers, even takes pictures of them! (I do not know what for).
The other day she went too far; we were having some dead trees and diseased bushes removed. She trespassed and harassed the foreman of the job who I hired. She asked him for a license # and tried to tell him what to do in MY yard. Additionally, she harassed the 10 year old daughter of one of his workers, asking her why she was there (the girl simply liked watching her daddy at work sometimes, and she liked to help by sweeping).
This caused the girl's father to have to take the girl home and leave the jobsite!! It is extremely mortifying that a middle aged woman would have the nerve to come onto my property and tell MY hired workers what to do, as if I am not capable of hiring quality help.
I want to know what can be done to prevent her from trespassing on our property again to interrogate the hard workers that I carefully select.
Thank you.:confused::eek:

Last edited:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

We have a neighbor, WH, who clearly has some mental issues; She constantly calls to complain about our trees, saying they need to be cut down, when those trees belong to our neighbors behind us.
Every time I have work done- ie. painting the house, getting the gutters cleaned, etc, she trespasses on our property and interrogates the workers, even takes pictures of them! (I do not know what for).
The other day she went too far; we were having some dead trees and diseased bushes removed. She trespassed and harassed the foreman of the job who I hired. She asked him for a license # and tried to tell him what to do in MY yard. Additionally, she harassed the 10 year old daughter of one of his workers, asking her why she was there (the girl simply liked watching her daddy at work sometimes, and she liked to help by sweeping).
This caused the girl's father to have to take the girl home and leave the jobsite!! It is extremely mortifying that a middle aged woman would have the nerve to come onto my property and tell MY hired workers what to do, as if I am not capable of hiring quality help.
I want to know what can be done to prevent her from trespassing on our property again to interrogate the hard workers that I carefully select.
Thank you.:confused::eek:
You could sue her for trespass in civil court. You could call the police when she trespasses again, and have them instruct her to stay off your property. You might even be able to get her prosecuted for trespass. You could pay for an attorney to write a nasty, threatening letter. You could confront her and explain what actions you will take if she doesn't stay off your property and leave you alone. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">