• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do in my defense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

measure_of_me

kentucky

recently i recieved a letter from the county attourney giving me a courtesy warning to have no further contact what so ever with the girl i had been seeing for almost three years. For the record she is 22 and i just turned 18 and we are both females. Anyway...this girl or her homophobic parents threats got this girl to make a statement and take all the things i had given her which was stupid little stuff like kids toys, a book of poetry i made and a diamond necklace which she wore all the time as evidence. The letter said no further contact what so ever, no messages through friends no letters just detail about ways to commmicate pretty much. Well anyway she is talking to my cousin who was our "messenger" to begin with and acting like nothing happened. But we haven't talked since this incident. This girl called me everyday several times a day I'd call her we seen each other we were friends most of all, and then this stuff with this supposed "unwanted advances" thing. If someone was bothering me or stalking me i guess you'd say, I think i would not be talking to them calling them seeing them all the time. Pretty much this girl got caught by mom and dad about being gay and to save her self from whatever they would do she makes it look like this is all me. It is a very humiliating thing too. Having my private life thrown out there and made out to look like I am an obsessive freak of some kind. It is to the point now I hate going anywhere because I am affraid that if I see her with her mother out somewhere they will go back up to the county att and say I am following them or something crazy. And I have no proof to help me out if this does go any further. Other than my cousin who she sent messages by and met up with all the time or my mom. Which she calls my mom mom. IT is just a huge mess. ISn't that slander or something to trash someones name and reputation, just because someone can't accept something and decides to lie like a dog about it. I need some advice. I am staying as far away from her as I possibly can living in this tiny town i live in....is there anything more i can do?

calatty

Whatever a "courtesy warning" is, it is not a court order to stay away, so you don't have to worry about accidentally being in the same place. As far as slander, if she starts spreading false stories all over town, it might be, but just telling her parents and the city attorney is not. As for anything else you can do, you are doing the right thing by staying away and trying to put it all behind you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">