• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What crime is this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redneck1277

In Illinois If some one has your property and they deny having it then gives it to someone else have they committed a crime? I left my wallet on the customer service counter. the girl working the counter found it and turned it in to her front end manager. I came back an hour later and asked if they had found the wallet. Another girl at the service counter said she had seen it. she radioed the front end manager who said he didn’t have one but to get my name and number and they would call if they found one. I retraced my steps thru the store and upon exiting asked again if they had one. The girl working the register called the manager and again he said no but he had my name and number and would call if one was found he had my wallet the whole time and then gave it to someone else the following day

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">