• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the difference?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kelbel29

Texas.

I don't know if this is more of a moral question or a legal question...

What is the difference between having a sugar daddy & having a john?

How would you justify one is illegal and one isn't; or how would you compare the two and come to the conclusion that both are illegal?

Or would it be they are both "immoral" (in some people's opinions, I suppose) but only prostitution is deemed "illegal"?

This is a question that we are discussing in one of my CJ classes, and I wanted to get a different point of view.

Neal1421

kelbel29 said:
Texas.

I don't know if this is more of a moral question or a legal question...

How would you justify one is illegal and one isn't; or how would you compare the two and come to the conclusion that both are illegal?

Or would it be they are both "immoral" (in some people's opinions, I suppose) but only prostitution is deemed "illegal"?

This is a question that we are discussing in one of my CJ classes, and I wanted to get a different point of view.
No one here will do your homework for you.

S

shell007

The difference is:
If you have a sugar daddy....you have a candy bar.
If you have a john....you have a toilet.

Neal1421

shellandty said:
The difference is:
If you have a sugar daddy....you have a candy bar.
If you have a john....you have a toilet.
Ok, just spit my coffee all over the papers on my desk.

Thanks!

:D

S

shell007

Neal1421 said:
Ok, just spit my coffee all over the papers on my desk.

Thanks!

:D
I'm glad I could make someone laugh today. :)
TGIF!!!!

fairisfair

It is easy to tell the difference. Your sugar daddy will want you for himself, your pimp will want you for everyone else. YUCK.:eek:

kelbel29

Neal1421 said:
No one here will do your homework for you.
Dude, it's not homework. It's a question. I found it interesting to hear people's discussion on it and wanted to know more. The people in my class, like me, are not informed with a legal background and many people on this site are.

In my opinion, a person with a sugar daddy IS a whore, and her sugar daddy is just the john. It was already stated in our discussion, and it wasn't for a grade.

CdwJava

More importantly it is not the label that is a question of legality, it is the actions of the parties involved. One can be called a "john" or a "sugar daddy" and never perform an act that could be considered illegal. On the other hand, a man could be called "saint" or "minister" and be a completely hedonistic crook.

Forget the labels. It is acts and omissions that are crimes - not labels.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">