• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What To Do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apie1

What is the name of your state? IL

My moms friend just found out that her daughter racked up about $15,000.00 dollars in credit card debt both under her name and the moms name. What it sounds like is that she opened up a credit card under hermoms name and her name, obviously meaning that she is the other authorized user. Also she used one of her moms credit cards without her being an authorized user. Is there any way of proving that her daughter illegally did this or is she stuck in a hole? I do not know what to tell her, but I feel as if her daughter pretty much screwed her and her own self. Any information would be appreciated!::D

apie1

the daughter I believe is 23. is she has been using her moms signature on everything she has purchased. Dont these companies check I'D's nowadays?

apie1

thank you, I will tell her that, but how can she possibly prove that her daughter did all of this? She doesnt have money for a lawyer...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">