• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do about a threat if carried out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johndoughy

I live in Texas, first of all, North Richland Hills, to be exact. I was treated in a severely substandard fashion by a manager in a fast food restaurant, and when I told him I'd be contacting his employers(without swearing, screaming or otherwise, I had a sleeping baby in my back seat), he escalated from arguing to making personal threats about showing up at my job, and somehow he is related to an employer I have and will have me fired to "see how you like it".

I am attempting to avoid being blown off and I need legal ground to stand on. If this guy DOES show up at my job, or DOES get me fired, what can I do about it, and what Texas law is that covered under? I am assuming there are laws to prevent people from just slashing tires or mugging people in retaliation getting them fired at THEIR jobs for reporting bad service.

I don't appear to be covered by the "Harassment" section of the Texas Penal Code, 42.07, since that is only electronic, and "stalking" doesn't seem to help since he didn't threaten to kill or injure me, but losing my job would indeed be a BIG problem, somewhere between injury and murder.

What laws am I covered under?

justalayman

If this guy DOES show up at my job, or DOES get me fired, what can I do about it, and what Texas law is that covered under?
it would depend on exactly what he did. There are things he could do that would be completely legal or if he is stupid, he might do something that is illegal. Until he takes some action, there is no way to determine what laws he might break.

johndoughy

Yeah that occurred to me at work today. Smart he is not.

Thanks though. At least I know where I stand, so I can write a well-formed notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">