• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snoopy427

I recently moved from one state to another and then I found out someone was saying I took money from his house. I did not take the money and I am being told if I dont take a lie detector test then a warrent will be taken out for my arrest. I was told it looked bad on me because I moved suddenly. I moved due to an ex saying he wanted to kill me. I agree it looks bad, but i have phone records and things where my ex had called 20 something times in just a few days. The man who said I took the money decided after I moved to report this and sais it was missing before I moved. What should I do? Should I take the lie detector? I have nothing to hide. Can I sue for him smearing my name like he is doing? The investigator sais he believes I took the money and he wouldnt listen to why I moved so quick. Do I need a lawyer?

JETX

Q1) "The man who said I took the money decided after I moved to report this and sais it was missing before I moved. What should I do? Should I take the lie detector? I have nothing to hide."
A1) If the person making this claim is taken seriously, he could file charges against you. What you actually do is your decision.... but it seems to me that taking the polygraph could prevent your being charged.

Q2) "Can I sue for him smearing my name like he is doing?"
A2) No.

Q3) "Do I need a lawyer?"
A3) Sounds like a good idea... if for nothing other than to document the offer of 'pass polygraph, no charge'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">