• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do they determine at a Grand Jury?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

noel

If you were falsly accused and arrested for a crime, and you have overwhelming evidence to prove that you could not have committed the crime and the case goes to the Grand Jury, what will happen at the Grand Jury. Will they just dismiss the case? I can prove that my arrest was malicious prosecution. In order to prove this though, do you have to have the criminal charge dismissed without predjudice? Can this be done at a Grand Jury hearing? Or will they just dismiss the case as not having enough evidence to prosecute at the Grand Jury? Can the D.A. drop the case and show it is dismissed without predjudice? If I am going to prove malicious prosecution, what is the best thing to do? I do have an attorney, and unfortunately, do to the fact that I live in a very small town, the other parties involved would be highly embarrassed if I prove malicious prosecution. My attorney does not want to take the evidence to the D.A. to get the charges dismissed. He says that it should go to the preliminary hearing and then to the Grand Jury. Can you give me some thought on this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">