• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do you think?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DaveCalif

California

In a nut shell
Recently, a woman at my college campus was approached by male making demands to her w/ a knife at night time. There is now a sketch around the campus of this guy. The drawing of it can be questionable to my appearance but, there are descrepencies. Recently the campus police approached me, searched me, took my picture, home, and work info down. They also made if late for class :(
I don't know what's happening with it now but, I'm innocent! Should I seek legal advice? Do you think I might be jumping the gun?

S

sadnblue

The fact that you were seached and your picture was taken makes me think that they might view you as a possible suspect. The purpose of taking your photograph was for the victim to view. I suggest that you talk to an attorney and get any information ready to prove that you are innocent of the crime ready incase you are charged. Victims can sometimes make indentity mistakes and you recognized that you resemble the attacker. talk with an attorney. Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">