• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is an E felony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sampoerna

Follow up question to one I posted earlier re: possession of controlled substance in NV. I assume this is a "non-violent" felony carrying a 3yr statute of limitations. My question: You said it was an "E felony."
What is an E felony???
Is it another way of saying "non-violent felony?"
If it's different, how is it different and are the statute of lims the same for non-v felony?
Thank you so much for your time; you are truely helping out people with no dirrection - me.

T

Tracey

It's a class E felony -- the lowest felony on the books. The other classes are A-D and X (murder). Your SOL is 3 years. However, you have to be in NV for the entire 3 years. If you go skiing in Wyoming, the days out of state are added to the 3 years... There was a Cagney & Lacey episode that turned on that particular wrinkle. :)

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">