• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to expect at trial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Soloflyer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MA
I was the victim of domestic violence (A&B) and the police pressed charges. In attempt to gain leverage over me, the attacker filed a false complaint that a Magistrate allowed to become a charge - so there are 2 criminal cases. The trial where I have to testify against the guilty party is coming up this week. This person has a lengthy criminal record - all violence related. I have no record as I have never been in any kind of trouble.

I am scared of this person - and I am scared to testify - but I am innocent and I need to clear my name. I want justice - and I want the person who attacked me to be held accountable for their actions.

I am looking for any advice as to what to expect under cross-examination by the defense attorney. Law & Order is great but.... I am also wondering if there are things that I should avoid saying or things that I should try to emphasize.

I haven't given many details here as I didn't figure you'd want to read a book - and I could write one about the facts in this case.

Any help would be really appreciated. I'm a bit unnerved, this whole court thing is all new to me.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">