• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is going to happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ak3030

What is the name of your state? Texas
I have posted a message before and did not get a response. I used a business credit card that was in my name w/out permission.I no longer work for the company anymore. now that I have left the owner has found this out. He is saying that he is reasearching every charge i ever charged on the card and saying that the charges are over $20, 000. The card was in my name and used by many. he will not give me any list or information for me to review only stating that if I don't give him the money by next week he will criminally prosecute me. I have asked him to at least give me the opportunity to review this. I dont feel it's fair. I have admitted to using the card w/out permission but, now it's out of control. There are also people at this company that I know did not like me and these are the people doing the research. It would be a grand day for them to see me in trouble. Can anyone provide some kinda of help for me? I have no defense because I don't know how to handle.I have never doen anythign like this before and I i have never been in trouble. If he "criminally Prosecutes" me what will happen? please help!

note4me

I would contact a lawyer, perhaps lawyer can call the cc and get info on who is authorized to use card, if there are several card issuers, then perhaps he can prove that there's no evidience that only you used it? or perhaps get a record of receipts with signatures.

ak3030

Thank ou

note4me said:
I would contact a lawyer, perhaps lawyer can call the cc and get info on who is authorized to use card, if there are several card issuers, then perhaps he can prove that there's no evidience that only you used it? or perhaps get a record of receipts with signatures.
I may need to do that. My name was the only one on "my card" but, I did use. My problem is I guess is that he won't show me what "unauthorized" charges he is referring too. i have admitted to using this for personal use but, not for every single charge. Also all of the charges are from 2000-2005. Can they charge me with all of these charges from way back when? Each month all of these records were checked off and the bills were paid..
please advise. thank u

NYMinute

We just had this happen in our town. A woman used a company credit card without authorization and she is going to jail for 5 years!

ak3030

NYMinute said:
We just had this happen in our town. A woman used a company credit card without authorization and she is going to jail for 5 years!
Do you have any specifics? I have never done anything like this before in my life. I know I was completly foolish for doing this. but, i never did realize the penalty was this bad. I have not been officially charged but, I am sure he will. He advised that he would work with me in the begining and then said that if i did not come up with the money he would prosecute me. i am scared.

ak3030

NYMinute said:
how much did you charge and what did you buy??

I dont have an exact amount. I was estimating around $10-$15.. Items purchased... groceries, books,cds,dvd's. stupid stuff that i didn't always need. sometimes it would be in accordance with what i was buying for work. My boss would send me to barnes and noble to buy books for someone and I would also buy one for me. I would have to purhcase supplies for the store Ie. parties and I would also buy myself a bottle of wine etc.. this would include everything.

I used the card for work for all expenses needed (business) office supplies, my bosses cleaning, his car expenses, (including gas/repairs), airline, hotel, and cars for all employees, gift certificates for customers, office repairs, HR ads, lunch for my boss, employee lunches etc.. as you can see a very broad area..

Happy Trails

ak3030 said:
Do you have any specifics? I have never done anything like this before in my life. I know I was completly foolish for doing this. but, i never did realize the penalty was this bad. I have not been officially charged but, I am sure he will. He advised that he would work with me in the begining and then said that if i did not come up with the money he would prosecute me. i am scared.
From Texas statutes:

§ 31.03. THEFT. (a) A person commits an offense if he unlawfully appropriates property with intent to deprive the owner of property.
(b) Appropriation of property is unlawful if:
(1) it is without the owner's effective consent;............

(1) a Class C misdemeanor if the value of the property
stolen is less than:
(A) $50; or.................

(2) a Class B misdemeanor if:
(A) the value of the property stolen is:
(i) $50 or more but less than $500; or........

(3) a Class A misdemeanor if the value of the property stolen is $500 or more but less than $1,500;

(4) a state jail felony if:
(A) the value of the property stolen is $1,500 or more but less than $20,000,......

(5) a felony of the third degree if the value of the property stolen is $20,000 or more but less than $100,000, or..........

§ 12.21. CLASS A MISDEMEANOR. An individual adjudged guilty of a Class A misdemeanor shall be punished by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $4,000;
(2) confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year; or
(3) both such fine and confinement.

§ 12.22. CLASS B MISDEMEANOR. An individual adjudged guilty of a Class B misdemeanor shall be punished by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $2,000;
(2) confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 180 days; or
(3) both such fine and confinement.

§ 12.23. CLASS C MISDEMEANOR. An individual adjudged guilty of a Class C misdemeanor shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $500.

§ 12.35. STATE JAIL FELONY PUNISHMENT. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (c), an individual adjudged guilty of a state jail felony shall be punished by confinement in a state jail for any term of not more than two years or less than 180 days.
(b) In addition to confinement, an individual adjudged guilty of a state jail felony may be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000.
(c) An individual adjudged guilty of a state jail felony shall be punished for a third degree felony if it is shown on the trial of the offense that:
(1) a deadly weapon as defined by Section 1.07 was used or exhibited during the commission of the offense or during immediate flight following the commission of the offense, and that the individual used or exhibited the deadly weapon or was a party to the offense and knew that a deadly weapon would be used or exhibited; or
(2) the individual has previously been finally convicted of any felony:
(A) listed in Section 3g(a)(1), Article 42.12, ode of Criminal Procedure; or
(B) for which the judgment contains an affirmative finding under Section 3g(a)(2), Article 42.12, Code of Criminal Procedure.

§ 12.34. THIRD DEGREE FELONY PUNISHMENT. (a) An individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the third degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the institutional division for any term of not more than 10 years or less than 2 years.
(b) In addition to imprisonment, an individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the third degree may be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">