• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is going to happen to me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nohope

What is the name of your state? MN I am hoping for some advice, I really need to find out what is going to happen to me and what to expect
A brief rundown on my story--I lived with an older man for 13 years, we were as close as husband and wife and I took care of him.
I have never in my life been in trouble with the law and realy didn't think there was any harm in making a few purchases with his credit cards online, at first I had his permission,and paid for everything I purchased, but I devloped some sort of shopping addiction and it got way out of hand, I couldn't seem to stop spending, and no longer had his permission to use the cards.
I feel just sick about it, but now it's time to pay the piper. I left my old guy out of shame, he and his family now know about my illegal use of his cards, though he doesn't really want to press charges, his family and the credit card companies do, and that seem to be the only way to keep him from having to pay what I owe (I want to pay it back, it is my responsibilty)
So, what I really need to know, before I lose my sanity, what is going to happen to me? How much time will I get? Prison or jail? I can't afford an attorney, and am already so ashamed, I never did it with any crimminal intent and wouldn't hurt a fly, but am ready to face what I have to, as long as I just know what is going to happen (the amount of the purchases I made come to over 40,000, but that's with A LOT of late fees, and interest, and it's on 8 different cards. Please help

note4me

In a way, it's a similiar situation that I'm going through, however, I'm the victim, and I'm held accountable due to helping a so called friend out with doing loans. And what do I get in return, him not paying any of it, and forging my name in checks that are in a closed account. Now they are after me, not him! You used your shopping addiction as an excuse for all this turmoil, however you should think before you act, this isn't your money to spend on! Now your ex is held accountable. I can only suggest that you talk to the credit card companies, and fess up and tell them you will pay those bills, perhaps they can work out a plan to pay a certain amount. Get a job if u don't already and pay it off.

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)and realy didn't think there was any harm in making a few purchases with his credit cards online, at first I had his permission,and paid for everything I purchased, but I devloped some sort of shopping addiction and it got way out of hand, (QUOTE)

:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">