• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What I do next after filing Uniform Parentage- Petition for Custody and Support..what

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dance4joyy

I am in the state of Ca. I don't have a attorney and am filling papers on my own (and they have been file with the court). I was wondering what my next step would be after filing Petition for Custody and Support, Petition to est. Parental Relationship, UCCJEA, and Family Law Declar. related cases. I already serve the father and have proof of service. I don't know what to do next.
I would also like to know how I file for child support? Exactly what forms would I need??
There may be a possible chance I might have to live in a different county...How do I transfer my Child Custody case to a different county? and is there a fee?
I know I have a lot of questions..but I need to file right away.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CourtClerk

What do you mean you need to file right away? In one of your very first sentences, it says you've already filed and have proof of service. You can't have proof of service (that's valid anyway) if you haven't filed anything with the court.

Isis1

I'm a tad lost. In CA, we have a self help website that practically does everything for you except hold your hand. How did you manage to not file for custody/support along with the parentage forms?:confused:

Google "self help family law california". I can't remember the exact website. But it really walks you through the forms for the process.

Good luck!

Isis1

What do you mean you need to file right away? In one of your very first sentences, it says you've already filed and have proof of service. You can't have proof of service (that's valid anyway) if you haven't filed anything with the court.
I suspect she filed only the parentage form like I was encouraged to do instead of the entire packet I originally turned in with the child support, the parenting plan and the custody all in one.

CourtClerk

I suspect she filed only the parentage form like I was encouraged to do instead of the entire packet I originally turned in with the child support, the parenting plan and the custody all in one.
But a Petition to Establish Parental Relationship WILL address custody and support...

so now I don't know what either of you are talking about

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">