• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What kind of Legal Services do I need?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toorie53

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Last August I found out my house was in foreclosure and my father had been stealing my mortgage payments for the the past 10 months. I was able to work with the mortgage company and get my house out of foreclosure. Prior to finding that out I was battling with the lawyer and mortgage company to find out why I was signing the paperwork for my refinance. The lawyer and mortgage broker were working with my father to cover up the foreclosure. They were not contacting me, only speaking with my father. As I uncovered more and more it turned out my father was stealing my mail as well. I switched all my finances to online and was back on track, so I thought. I found my father this past February actually meeting my mailman in a parking lot and collecting my mail. My father resided at my residence until 2005 but never changed his address with the DMV or postal service. I took things into my own hands and changed them for him. In April, my father passed away suddenly. When we went to his apartment to sort though everything we found 3 shopping bags full of my mail. Certified letters from the mortgage company, creditors that we looking for payment on outstanding debts I was unaware of (ie medical expenses, closed account debts, unknown credit cards), I found my credit report that the mortgage broker gave to my father, and other misc. items. I just recently tried to take out a minimal home equity loan to help me pay off the debt uncovered from my father's death as well as some of the funeral costs. Obviously, there was no estate or money left upon his death. I was denied the loan and given copies of my credit report that are just covered with his phone number, addresses I never lived at, one report has 11 different names for me, the wrong birth dates, etc. Since his is deceased, can I still file that I am a victim of identity theft? Is it worth getting legal services to go after the mortgage broker and lawyer? I'm trying to sell my home and start a new life with my girlfriend and I'm not going to be able to get a mortgage. I'm in desperate need of help. Do I put fraud alerts on my credit? PLEASE HELP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">