• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eliteanne

I was at a local restraunt last week and paid for my bill with my debit card. A few days later I noticed that the waitress had rounded my balance up to the nearest dollar without my permission. I was wondering what the law was pertaining to that. I realize that we are only talking about pennies here, but I am intending to make a phone call and would like to know my rights before the call.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Called fraud or theft. Depending on your state law, could be a number of things. Fraud, theft, forgery to some extent.

It is illegal and she had no right to round to the nearest dollar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">