• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the limits on Free Speech?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turtle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California

Addendum: Are there other laws that might be involved? In other words, would the case of the pamphlet be covered by something other than limitations on freedom of speech?

I spoke to a Harvard lawyer, who wondered if extortion was the issue. She mentioned all sorts of grounds for civil procedures, but I am not interested in those issues.

I looked at some of the legislation about terrorism and wondered if there is something in those laws that would cover this case as well.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California

Addendum: Are there other laws that might be involved? In other words, would the case of the pamphlet be covered by something other than limitations on freedom of speech?

I spoke to a Harvard lawyer, who wondered if extortion was the issue. She mentioned all sorts of grounds for civil procedures, but I am not interested in those issues.

I looked at some of the legislation about terrorism and wondered if there is something in those laws that would cover this case as well.

Don't start a new thread for each post. Keep it all in the same thread. THIS constitutes a double post.

turtle

Sorry, but it double posted on its own by accident without any way to delete so I decided to erase the duplicate and add something. It was not my fault that the machine jammed up nor my fault that there is no delete function. I did the best I could, given circumstances beyond my control.

Anyway that seems beside the point, what about the issue at hand?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">