• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my options with my ex-employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Relientk

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Hi,

Here is my story,

I was an OTR Truck Driver and had to quite so that I could find a local job it was just to hard on the family. In the mean time I was collecting Unemployment. I received 3 checks and then I was told that I had to appeal my claim. The company I worked for was based out of North Dakota and I live in Colorado. What I came to find out is that the trucking company I worked for sent fraudulent documents to the Colorado Department of Labor with allegations about the way I quite etc. CO Department of labor called me to tell me that they would send me a check for all the back monies 2 months worth and that the company is a bunch of XXXX and that they will send me a copy of the fraudulent documents so that I could pursue the proper avenue.

It was a good thing I fought it so that I could find this stuff out. Anyways I would like to find out what my options are. I am a little upset and feel like suing them because this has put me in a bad position since they sent those fraud documents which caused me to stop receiving benefits from UI and trucking companies don't like to hire in the winter because its slow.

Thanks for all your help

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you quit, you're not eligible for benefits, no matter what documentation the employer sent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">