• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

s131822

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I was convicted of a violation of U. S Title 18 (Mail Fraud) in relationship to an insurance claim in 1986. I pled guilty in federal court in W..V.. I was sentenced to 5 years all but 6 months suspended. I server 4 months 17 days in a federal prison camp in Petersburg Va until I was released. I completed 5 yr probation.

I have been a model citizen since that time. My question is How could I go about have my right to own and purchase a firearm restored?. My crime was completely non violent. I would like to be able to purchase a firearm to be able to go hunting and such.

Any advice you can provide will be appreciated

FlyingRon

Charlie Rangel keeps introducing federal first offender legislation (he may need it some day) but it's never been passed into law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">