• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the possibilities?!?! Legal Actions...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trick081

What is the name of your state? WA

I palced an auction for an information list on how to purchase an item. The auction sold, and the buyer thought it was for the actual item. In the description it said what the auction was for (info list), and complied with ebays rules to the best ability of anyone selling on ebay. It was a Legit Deal.

He said he wanted a refund or he was going to take legal actions!

I didn't give him a refund because it was HIS fault for not reading the auction, and understanding it.

He says that he is taking LEGAL ACTIONS?!?!

What can possibly happen to me?!?!

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

bb_wolfe

trick081 said:

I palced an auction for an information list on how to purchase an item. The auction sold, and the buyer thought it was for the actual item. In the description it said what the auction was for (info list), and complied with ebays rules to the best ability of anyone selling on ebay. It was a Legit Deal.

I didn't give him a refund because it was HIS fault for not reading the auction, and understanding it.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Of course what you did was fraud. I'd look hard at doing that again. In Florida (I think) At least 5 cases have been criminally tried and convicted in reference to the activity you have partaken in.

Bottom line - You're a scamster and will likely see prison time for a felony if this EBAYER (note we don't do EBAY problems anymore schmuck.) ever gets his claim to a DA.

HomeGuru

trick081 said:

PLEASE HELP ASAP!
**A: so what did ebay tell you when you contacted them and explained this situation?

H

hexeliebe

HG, can I answer for this poster.....please...please...oh pretty please?????:rolleyes:

H

hexeliebe

Well Mr. HG, I haven't done anything yet. I just got this official looking letter and this threat from this buyer and I was scared.

I'm really, really honest and I took a long time wording my auction just right. I even took a few examples from other auctions at e-Bay so I wouldn't get in trouble.

I have NEVER had any negative feedback and this buyer knew exactly what he was buying. So why should I be sued.

Can you help me kind sir? I promise I'm telling you the truth.

JETX

"What can possibly happen to me?!?!"
*** Lets see... what can POSSIBLY happen to you:
- He COULD file a civil suit against you.
- He COULD contact your local police department and file a complaint (theft, fraud, etc. could be possible).
- He COULD send Vito to your house to 'negotiate' with you.
- He COULD contact your local media and let them know what a scammer you are and they COULD send out their award-winning consumer reporter to camp on your door.
- He COULD find out who you work for and contact them about your conduct.
- He COULD contact your mother and tell her what a dweeb you are.

Or he could do absolutely nothing.

H

hexeliebe

And just imagine if the buyer was located in a country governed by the European Union Treaty on Internet Trade. :D

HomeGuru

hexeliebe said:
And just imagine if the buyer was located in a country governed by the European Union Treaty on Internet Trade. :D
**A: or if the buyer belonged to the Mafiaso in a European country. Or the Yakuza in an Asian country. Or the............

tigger22472

Ha! Ha!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I wouldn't say that.

Imagine this though.. a poster that posts a question that he already knows the answer to.... HUM... trick081 wonder if the number is the number of his victims.

HomeGuru

tigger22472 said:
Ha! Ha!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I wouldn't say that.

Imagine this though.. a poster that posts a question that he already knows the answer to.... HUM... trick081 wonder if the number is the number of his victims.
**A: Nah, that's the age of the writer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">