• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the punishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

foophie

What is the name of your state? NJ

In January I was driving through a town (NJP and was stopped. I handed the officer my documentation and because my registration had just expired my car was towed. The next day I took care of the registration and went to ge a release form for my car. I gave the office sitting behind the desk my inusrance informationa d it was "allegedly" no long valid, so I left and used my rent money to reinstate my insurance and picked up my car. Weeks later I received in the mail a ticket for driving without insurance and a summons/complaint to appear in court for a "crime in the 4th degree". I need to know what is the possible punishment and what recourse do I have. I need to know if I will have to spend time in jail or how likely is it that my license will be suspended.

Any advise is appreciated.

M

Mike101

License suspended is unlikely. Jail is unlikely. A fine is likely. Possible you show proof that the problems were corrected and the charges might be dismissed.

F

foophie

Mike,

Thank you for your reply. I was so worried. I am a new mother and am struggling to continue working so that I can be a good mother.

Thanks again

B

BB_Wolfe

I wouldn't play the "new mother" card. That just told us you are 100% at fault. I wish motherhood required it's own license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">