• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I ask from police when helping on criminal cases?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadvice5678

What is the name of your state? CA

My previous thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=328000

I called police and an inspector setup a case for me. He called back soon after I forward everything to him. After meet in person the other day, he asked me if I would like to contact the guy and try to buy something from him.

Here I have some questions:
1. First, I think I can help. At least it sounds exciting to have such expirence in life, tho all of my friends against me in the case.
2. Should I simply call the crook and tell him I can help to sell? I sorta feel that's what the office want me to do -- which means they don't have a plan, like what's the next step? Should I go to see the items in person or what if we really agreed to buy them... He only said police can for sure back up me on money and security, but there is no details .... So will I find myself in danger while they have no idea about that yet?
3. Should I ask for some detailed plan or a written guarantee for security, or maybe a life ensurace .... :pP ?
4. Why everytime he wants to meet me at my home not his office, been twice, is that regular? This is also one of the reasons I don't think they are so ready to move. Make me feel I am connecting only to an officer.
5. Normally, someone or a group of ppl can stole $300-400K in 2-3 months, what's the size of such crime? And normally how dangeous it is to help doing what police ask me to do? Is it normal to get a revenge in a few years if the criminals finally find it was me ...?

The office will visit me tomorrow noon, any advice would help. But pls don't fight about law enforcement again. And don't question/think as I envolved in the crime.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

needadvice5678 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My previous thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=328000

I called police and an inspector setup a case for me. He called back soon after I forward everything to him. After meet in person the other day, he asked me if I would like to contact the guy and try to buy something from him.

Here I have some questions:
1. First, I think I can help. At least it sounds exciting to have such expirence in life, tho all of my friends against me in the case.
2. Should I simply call the crook and tell him I can help to sell? I sorta feel that's what the office want me to do -- which means they don't have a plan, like what's the next step? Should I go to see the items in person or what if we really agreed to buy them... He only said police can for sure back up me on money and security, but there is no details .... So will I find myself in danger while they have no idea about that yet?
3. Should I ask for some detailed plan or a written guarantee for security, or maybe a life ensurace .... :pP ?
4. Why everytime he wants to meet me at my home not his office, been twice, is that regular? This is also one of the reasons I don't think they are so ready to move. Make me feel I am connecting only to an officer.
5. Normally, someone or a group of ppl can stole $300-400K in 2-3 months, what's the size of such crime? And normally how dangeous it is to help doing what police ask me to do? Is it normal to get a revenge in a few years if the criminals finally find it was me ...?

The office will visit me tomorrow noon, any advice would help. But pls don't fight about law enforcement again. And don't question/think as I envolved in the crime.

Ask for the farm.

Settle for a goat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">