• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moreigor

New Mexico
I did not commit a crime with any intent. I was at a store looking at products I was willing to buy legally when asked by a gentleman there if I would the same product.
I asked him if he had one, thinking he was a wholesaler, such as myself, or a commercial flea-marketeer as I am trying to become.
He immediately cut the product from the rack and left with it. I walked away and bought something else. I did still want to legally purchase the product I was looking at, so I did not leave the scene. The same man sought me out in the store again and I left the store because I did not know what to do. I think he thought I was on his team, but I was just freaked out and feeling miserable.
I did not want him to wait for me outside and to see what kind of car I had. Outside I lied to him about where I lived because he was a thief. Still scared, I did play along because he had an accomplice. I still did not want them to think I disagreed with what they were doing because I did not know what they would do to me or if they would wait around to find me. I gave them twenty five dollars and eventually they left in order for me to get into my car and leave.
I am worried that they have friends that will beat me up someday if I say anything. I never met this man before in my life and I was in a state of shock the entire time. I definitely tried to seem friendly to them to keep my own damages to a minimum. I do not want damages, obviously.
I still intend to purchase the same item through a market place in order to pay for my taxes and in order to keep the economy liquid.
I am trying for free legal advice first because I did give them money to keep friendly to keep them from targeting me and damaging my property also, otherwise I would have called the police immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">