• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Should I do: Estranged wife stole and is using my BANK Account?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cedar Oaks

what is the name of your state? texas......

my stepson's estranged wife has stolen his pin # to his bank account again! she has done this 3 times before! he has had to change banks many times! she is not on the account! now, she has gone through the internet and ordered checks, changed his mailing address and forged these checks. the checks are now bouncing! he's a student, partially disabled and receives a small social security (automatic deposit) stipend.

the prior banks did reimburse him and were supposed to have went after her. but, he is unaware of what, if anything, that they have done in pursuing her. they did ask him if he wants her prosecuted and he told them yes! he assumed that they would do it! but, she still walks "free" and continues to be a "bane of his existence"! now doing it again, for the fourth time. what can he do to stop her? should we take the evidence, amongst other devious things she has done, to the district atty's office?

this woman is a prime example of "fatal attraction"!
please help! we're going to his latest bank this morning! what if anything do we need to get from the bank, as evidence?

thank you!

Cedar Oaks

CdwJava

First, he needs to report these actions to the police.

Second, how is she getting the PIN numbers? Someone has to be telling her this information from the banks.

Third, he may want to consider finalizing the divorce or obtaining some form of legal seperation document (not sure if TX has those), because as long as they are legally married, it really muddies the legal waters.

He may need to get an attorney to assist in protecting himself.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">