• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What's the deal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mickeysmon

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I am accused of 4 felony counts of Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card in Talladega County. The judge is telling me that since a professional bonding company was hired to get me out of jail, I have to hire my own lawyer. He says the only way the court will appoint me a lawyer is if he revokes my bond and sends me back to jail. Does anyone know anything about this law? Is it just for Talladega County or is it statewide? I thought our rights say if you can't afford a lawyer one will be appointed to you.

HomeGuru

mickeysmon said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I am accused of 4 felony counts of Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card in Talladega County. The judge is telling me that since a professional bonding company was hired to get me out of jail, I have to hire my own lawyer. He says the only way the court will appoint me a lawyer is if he revokes my bond and sends me back to jail. Does anyone know anything about this law? Is it just for Talladega County or is it statewide? I thought our rights say if you can't afford a lawyer one will be appointed to you.
**A: what were you thinking? You should have used the credit card to pay for the hiring of an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">