• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats my best plan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sincereforever

What is the namTexas/Federal

I am currently on Federal Probation until mid December. I was recently in an incident that was started off as a misdemeanor and then it was increased to a felony. I am uncertain as to what the outcome will be.

My question is, if I tell my probation officer about the incident, will:
1.) my federal probation take over the state charges and I will just finish the rest of my probation under federal supervision (jail).
2.) My federal probation take over the state charges and I will get charged another sentence under federal guideline?
3.) I get charged both federal and state charges and the state charges run concurrent with the federal?
4.) any other possibilities...?

Can anyone give me any clarity.e of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

None of the above.

You will be tried (and most likely convicted from the sounds of it) on the state charges. You will be jailed if the sentence involves that. Since this is a violation of your federal probation, you may be sentenced some additional federal time either for the violation or more likely your probation will be revoked and you will have federal time to serve.

Hopefully, you've complied with your probation and notified the PO of the arrest so that in the case you are somehow acquitted on the new charges, that you won't be in violation.

You're definitely going to need a good lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">