• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what's the procedure in transferring and inmate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arcy27

What is the name of your state?
I live in California, My husband has been in a federal prison camp for almost four years and instead of getting him close to home he is further away. He was at Nellis NV. and now they moved him to Texas. What can I do to transfer him to California? He submitted a written request (cop-out) but that didn't do any good. If anybody can assist me with this situation I would appreciated.

HomeGuru

Arcy27 said:
What is the name of your state?
I live in California, My husband has been in a federal prison camp for almost four years and instead of getting him close to home he is further away. He was at Nellis NV. and now they moved him to Texas. What can I do to transfer him to California? He submitted a written request (cop-out) but that didn't do any good. If anybody can assist me with this situation I would appreciated.

**A: this is a legal advice website.

JETX

Arcy27 said:
What can I do to transfer him to California?
You can certainly write the 'Federal Bureau of Prisons' and ask them to relocate him.
http://www.bop.gov/

If anybody can assist me with this situation I would appreciated.
I hear that a couple dozen cookies in the box might also help. They like Chocolate Chip and Macadamia Nut. Whatever you do... do NOT send them oatmeal!! :D

Shay-Pari'e

"Dear Arnold,

Please transfer my criminal husband to a prison in your state. He just doesn't like it where he is at all, and well, neither do I. He misses me, and I really miss him also. I know he's getting enough sex, but it's not the same as with his wife. Isn't there a constitution on this? "

Please come on back and let us know what Arnold said.

Heather2

--PARIDISE-- said:
Yes it is you mental nut.
HELLO.....do you have a brain at all? This person came to the wrong forum for his/her question. I simply told him/her where to go where someone might try to help.

Shay-Pari'e

tyson-bird said:
HELLO.....do you have a brain at all? This person came to the wrong forum for his/her question. I simply told him/her where to go where someone might try to help.
Look, your brain is fried from all your drugs and suicide attempts, so clearly you are not getting it. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">