• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when does "shaming" cross the legal line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Spilner

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

This is a pretty long story, but i'm going to make it short cause people don't like reading long posts.

A friend of mine (say John) went to a party with people that he knew and was friends with, he drank to much and he passed out on the couch. After he passed out one person (say Peter) grabbed a video camera and proceed to video tape another guy (say Bill) perform what is known as "shaming." (this is when you embarres the guy that passed out at the party).

The video tape shows Bill putting his testicles on Johns mouth while laughing, you can see John move his hands in an attemp to swat away whatever was on him, but he is obviously not conscience. Bill then proceeds to put his entire penis on John's forehead, stick his index finger in his butt and wipe the finger on Johns lip, and pull down his pants and rub his butt on Johns face. All of this is done with people in the room laughing. At the end Bill uses a crutch and smack John in the crotch with it, at which point the tape ends.

This tape was then put on Peter's comcast site and a thread was started on a local forum for everyone to see. When John found out about it he immediatly asked that it be taked down and requested apologies from the parties, neither of which was honored.

What course of action could John take in this postion? If John were a female and these acts were done to her on video tape i would imagine this would be an obvious criminal case, where does it differ with a guy?

Any help would be great, even if your just going to say don't go to parties like that and consider it a lesson learned, i would appreciate the feedback.

*edit* "Bill" is currently on probation and has an extensive criminal background

Last edited:

calatty

Bill committed a number of felonies, including sexual battery, attempted oral copulation, and assault. John should bring the video to the police if he wants justice. John's criminal background does not make the acts Bill committed any less heinous.

Spilner

thank you for your help, i meant Bill had the criminal background and was on probation, not John. When you use fake names its hard to keep them straight....

But thank you for pointing out what crimes were commited, i greatly appreciate any help i get on this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">